A person whose birth was not recorded or who wished to correct a birth register entry could file a delayed birth record. These records began in 1941, but cover births for the 1893-1907 period (some are earlier). Married women are indexed under both maiden and married names.
The following information may be found in a delayed birth record:
- Place and date of birth, including name of hospital.
- Full name of applicant.
- Whether a twin or other plural birth.
- Whether the birth was legitimate.
- Color or race of parents.
- Birthplaces of parents and their ages at birth of applicant.
- Occupations of parents.
- Occupation of applicant.
- Residence of parents, if living and known.
- Maiden name of mother.
- Number of children of this mother, if known.
- Number of children of this mother living at time of application, if known.
If you wish to have additional information then you should request a quote for the record from Chester County PA.
1857-1906 Delayed Birth Index for Chester County Pennsylvania
|wdt_ID||Last Name||First Name||Middle Name||Place of Birth||Date of Birth||File #|
|1||Abel||Margaret||M. Hartz||Wyebrook, PA||February 29, 1904||2929|
|2||Achuff||Clarence||Oscar||Easttown, PA||May 15, 1902||871|
|3||Ackley||Eva||E.||Elverson, PA||March 26, 1890||672|
|4||Ackley||Ruth||Carolene||Coatesville, PA||November 8, 1893||2665|
|5||Adams||C.||E. Hoffecker||E. Coventry Twp., PA||January 16, 1891||1818|
|6||Adams||Robert||John||West Grove, PA||May 22, 1886||1963|
|7||Adams||William Jr.||Fisherville, PA||January 28, 1895||897|
|8||Adcock||Jane||Lennox||Phoenixville, PA||December 6, 1887||1726|
|9||Aiken||Daisy||Augusta||Easttown Twp., PA||August 24, 1889||2595|
|10||Airhart||Helen||Wensel||Phoenixville, PA||August 27, 1900||389|
|Last Name||First Name||Middle Name||Place of Birth||Date of Birth||File #|