How did Blooming Glen, Pennsylvania get it’s name? This page provides a brief history about the naming of Blooming Glen, Pennsylvania, the people who settled it, and the industry rising within it.
Village in the northeastern part of Hilltown Township. It was once called Perkasie, but for a short time only. This was the first use of that name as applied to a town. In the 1870’s it was popularly known as Moyers Store and this was its post office name at that time, with John S. Moyer as postmaster. Hilltown Township had only two post offices seventy years ago, Hilltown and Moyers Store, both being on the Line Lexington and Applebachsville stage mail route. Some time during the term of John S. Moyer as postmaster the name was changed to Blooming Glen. Mr. Moyer died early in 1883, and on March 13 of that year William D. Bishop was appointed postmaster.
Source: MacReynolds, George. Place Names in Bucks County Pennsylvania, 2nd Edition. Doylestown, PA: The Bucks County Historical Society, 1955.