How did Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania get it’s name? This page provides a brief history about the naming of Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania, the people who settled it, and the industry rising within it.
A development of Gunnison prefabricated houses in Falls Township just south of U. S. No. 1 between Oxford Valley and Fallsington. It was started in the fall of 1951, has now (1953) reached 1900 units and is still under construction. It is expected that eventually there will be about 450 dwellings. The total area of the final development is estimated at two square miles. Undertaken by John W. Galbreth, organizer of the Danherst Corporation, the erection of these houses was financed by a loan of $50,000,000 from the United States Steel Company. A large number of workers in the steel plant live here, but occupancy is not restricted to them. The project was named for Benjamin W. Fairless, president of the U. S. Steel Co., who also gave his name to the Fairless Works.
Source: MacReynolds, George. Place Names in Bucks County Pennsylvania, 2nd Edition. Doylestown, PA: The Bucks County Historical Society, 1955.