How did Bursonville, Pennsylvania get it’s name? This page provides a brief history about the naming of Bursonville, Pennsylvania, the people who settled it, and the industry rising within it.
A village in the southeastern corner of Springfield Township on the road from Stony Point to Springtown. It was named for Isaac Burson, an English Friend from Abington, who built a hotel here. An indulged meeting was established by Richland Monthly Meeting in 1743 for the Friends settled in this vicinity. A post office was established here by 1804 under the name of Bursontown with Archibald Davidson as postmaster. This was probably the earliest post office in the northern part of the county. In 1823 the post office was known as Bursonville with Joseph Affierbach as postmaster.
Source: MacReynolds, George. Place Names in Bucks County Pennsylvania, 2nd Edition. Doylestown, PA: The Bucks County Historical Society, 1955.