How did Bennetts Corner, Pennsylvania get it’s name? This page provides a brief history about the naming of Bennetts Corner, Pennsylvania, the people who settled it, and the industry rising within it.
This corner was given a name because of its location in the southeastern part of Doylestown Township at the intersection of two early important highways, one running from Doylestown to Newtown by the way of Bridge Valley and the other from Furlong to Edison. The last named road formed part of the original township line of 1819. The place took its name from the Bennett family, who, prior to 1870, owned the land in the northwestern angle of the cross roads. But one corner is now occupied by a dwelling. A hamlet of less than a dozen houses fronts on the southwest side of the Doylestown-Newton road near the Corner. It has been known as Bennetts Corner for more than a century. Mail is received by Doylestown rural delivery.
Source: MacReynolds, George. Place Names in Bucks County Pennsylvania, 2nd Edition. Doylestown, PA: The Bucks County Historical Society, 1955.