1834-1870 Deaths and Marriages Gleaned from the Pittsburgh Christian Advocate

The Pittsburgh Conference Journal began publication February 1, 1834. On October 28, 1840 the name was changed to The Pittsburgh Christian Advocate. It continued for ninety-eight years until, having become a casualty of the depression, it was merged with The New York Christian Advocate. Throughout its history The Pittsburgh Christian Advocate was published in Pittsburgh. During the entire time it served all the territory of the original Pittsburgh Conference, thus serving Erie, North-East Ohio, West Virginia and Pittsburgh Conferences. The publication started with a circulation of about 700, costing $2.00 per annum. It consisted of four pages, 13” x 21” …

1834-1870 Deaths and Marriages Gleaned from the Pittsburgh Christian Advocate Read More »