Cemeteries

The Allen Township Presbyterian Church Cemetery

The Allen Township Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Northampton, Pennsylvania

Route 329 from Bath just past Tanglewood Road (approx. 3 miles). It’s on the right behind the God’s Missionary Church (about 200 yards). This is one of the oldest graveyards in Northampton Co. It is also called Horner’s Cemetery in honor of Jane Kerr, wife of James Horner, who suffered death at the hands of the Indians, Oct. 8 1763, age 50. The cemetery is part of Craig’s Scotch-Irish Settlement, the first permanent settlement of Northampton County, PA founded in 1728. That was 13 years before the Moravians. The official name of the cemetery “The Allen Township Presbyterian Church Cemetery”. …

The Allen Township Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Northampton, Pennsylvania Read More »

Pin It on Pinterest

Scroll to Top